Shepherd’s Little Flock Daycare – Kitchen Administrator
The Kitchen administrator will adhere to all the policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and the job description of all teacher aides. The Kitchen Administrator will be assigned additional responsibilities outlined below and be compensated for the additional working hours.
Qualifications for Kitchen Administrator
- Be recommended by the Director of SLF and approved by the ECM Board of SOTH
- Demonstrate skills of organization, leadership, initiative, cooperativeness, dependability, and food preparation.
- Be familiar with all Federal Food Program rules, and requirements
- Plan, write, and adhere to weekly menus
- Take inventory once a week, submitting list to the Director & ECM Rep
- Order menu items from IWC and keep records of orders
- Do weekly local shopping (when necessary) and keep records of all purchases
- Submit monthly orders for Sam’s Club
- Write check request for IWC and submit to the Director
- Work cooperatively with the Kitchen Coordinator of the ECM Board
- Adhere to food budget and FFP requirements
- Attend appropriate meetings and training sessions
- Milk orders for the following week are to be ordered.
- Prepare appropriate amounts of nutritious meals (breakfast & lunch)
- Maintain kitchen according to the Department of Health standards
- Keep kitchen fully supplied and stocked daily
- Unpack and stock shelves in storeroom and kitchen
- Inform Director or ECM Rep of any maintenance needs or problems
- When necessary, shop locally for needed food items
- Occasionally maintain the order of the staff break room
- Dust and vacuum weekly
- Wash sink and countertop
- Occasionally maintain the order of the storerooms
Training and Education
- Model appropriate leadership and Christian behavior toward all staff, parents, & children
- Pass all Health Training
- Pass First Aide and CPR
- Pass Drug Screening/Test
Specific Duties of the Kitchen Administrator
THE KITCHEN ADMINISTRATOR MUST:
- Be familiar with and adhere to all Federal Food Program guidelines for daycares
- Provide nutritious weekly menus to the Director, staff and parents.
- Note and provide alternative foods for special dietary needs of enrolled children
- Keep an inventory of all supplies.
- Order food accordingly from specific suppliers (Sam’s, IWC, Kroger, Walmart) and keep records of orders and receipts. Give to Director and ECM rep.
- When orders arrive check for accuracy and put all supplies in appropriate places, break down boxes and take to dumpster.
- Be prompt and stay on the required time schedule for all meals.
- Keep Kitchen clean and organized
- Arrive at designated time and punch time clock
- Make sure each individual room is supplied with all their daily paper, snack, or food needs for every meal.
- Consult menu for the day and assemble foods for breakfast
- Prepare and serve breakfast to each individual room
- Toddler room
- Transition room
- Preschool room
- Collect and clean all utensils or dishes from each room and clean.
- Wash all countertops and cooking areas with bleach solution. Wash dishes/pans
- Begin lunch preparation. Note number of attending children each day.
- Consult menu and assemble foods for lunch
- Prepare and serve lunch to individual rooms at scheduled time
- Collect trays and utensils. Scrape and clean.
- Use dishwasher and sink for cleaning dishes, pans, utensils, etc
- Return all supplies to proper storage place.
- Prepare for next day
General Cleaning at End of Shift
- Countertops, all refrigerators, the freezer, stove and ovens are wiped thoroughly with bleach solution
- Dishwasher is drained wiped out, wiped down and door left open
- All kitchen knobs and handles are sprayed lightly with Lysol daily
- The floor is mopped daily and mop is cleaned and rinsed with bleach solution
- Trash is emptied to outdoor dumpster daily
- Trash bin is cleaned and sanitized, lined with new trash bag and sprayed with Lysol
At the end of the day the kitchen should look and smell clean, organized, and fresh for the next day’s use.
If interested please contact SLF Director Sabrina to apply.